Date: January 20th, 2024
Snow date: None
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Stroudsburg Junior High School, Stroudsburg, PA
Region 9 Planning Team
Regional Coordinator/Conference Director - Matt Rimbey
Teacher Rep/Conference Registrar - Mike Quendro
Judging Coordinator - Josh Pennington
Assistant Judging Coordinator - Breanna McNamara
Onsite Assistant Coordinator- Stacy Hallman
High School/Middle School Event Manager - Kirk George
2023 REGION 9 CONFERENCE RESULTS
REGIONAL CONFERENCE INFORMATION
2023-2024 National TSA Theme: Evolution of Excellence
- Conference Information
- Date - January 20, 2024
- Location - Stroudsburg Junior High School
- Address - 1901 Chipperfield Dr, Stroudsburg, PA 18360
- Time 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- Registration Form
- For title pages that require City of Conference, use Stroudsburg, PA
2024 Region 9 Conference Updates:
This area will be used to show any updates to the Read Read Read or Event Matrix that will be used for the 2024 Region 9 Conference
- MS and HS CADD events: any platform may be used for the events. SJHS does not have an open WIFI network. Internet will need to be provided by the TSA member.
- MS PA Snapshot: use the theme posted on the PATSA website. 2024 Theme: Long Exposure
- MS and HS Chapter Team: 1 team of 6 can be registered
- MS and HS Tech Bowl: 2 teams of 3 can be registered
ADVISOR CONFERENCE INFORMATION
- 2024 READ READ READ - updated 11/28/2023
- Follow this guide for the Region 9 Conference, changes to all events are located here so the conference can run in one day.
- Print all portfolios.
- Middle School Event Matrix - updated 11/6/2023
- High School Event Matrix - updated 11/6/2023
- Information as to how many students and how many teams are permitted at the Region 9 Conference
- Students must place at Regionals to compete at States in all Qualifying Events
- MS Event Descriptions Brief descriptions of all National Events
- HS Event Descriptions Brief descriptions of all National Events
- Judges Feedback Form - updated 11/6/2023
- Not required, but students can place this as the last page in their portfolio.
- If judges have time they will fill it out for feedback for the next level.
- Feedback forms cannot be used to dispute scores or placements in events
- 2023 Conference Program - updated 2/1/23 (Tentative)
- JUDGING LINK (updated 1/3/23)Use this link to sign up to judge or coordinate an event.
- Please send this link to all parents and ask them to help
EVENT RULES AND INFORMATION
EVENT TOPICS FOR CONFERENCE
- HS PREPARED PRESENTATION TOPIC:
- MS ESSAYS ON TECHNOLOGY TOPIC:
- HS ESSAYS ON TECHNOLOGY TOPIC: I
For any student interested in running for State office, download this packet and come to the Running for State Office meeting at 1:00 the day of the conference.
The TSA Region 9 Scholarship is to be awarded for the purpose of providing financial assistance for post-secondary schooling costs to a hardworking and dedicated PA-TSA senior in the Region 9 area.
The scholarship is for a high school senior who has been admitted to, but not yet enrolled in an undergraduate program in any accredited institution from a two-year trade or technical school, up to and including a four-year college. Qualified applicants must complete this form, as well as submit two formal letters of recommendation to PA-TSA Region 9 no later than 11:59 PM EST on the 10th day of January during the current school year.
Below is the link to submit your studentâs application for the scholarship, please be sure to complete all questions and answer fully and in detail to the best of your ability.
R9 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
All email submissions will be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with âFirst, Last Name, Chapter ID#, PA-TSA R9 Scholarship Awardâ in the subject line of the emailâ¦ and the body of the email should include:
- Student Full Name and Grade
- Student email address
- School that the student is currently attending
- Advisor Name â contact info
- Two letters of recommendation, signed and scanned in PDF Format.
2023 Registration Form
You must send the Registration Form along with your check.
REGISTRATION will open: October 15
Registration will close: January 7
REGISTRATION is NOW CLOSED
Students = $16 each Advisors = Free
ZERO REGISTRATION CHANGES will occur after January 7. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
NO onsite registration. NO CHANGES AT THE CONFERENCE. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Advisors should add, drop and check their registration for accuracy before the cutoff date.